Contra Costa Supervisor (D-1) John Gioia announced today his Re-Election Kickoff bash to be held, January 28, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m., at the Ford Building Craneway Pavilion, located at 1414 Harbour Way South, in Richmond California.
Tickets for the buffet and festivities begin at $30 for students and Seniors, and $60 for admission and up for sponsorships. See the campaign website for info on where to send payment for tickets.
In a separate letter to his supporters, John writes:
I have had the honor and privilege of representing and serving the residents of West Contra Costa for the past 21 years, first on the East Bay MUD Board and now on the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors. I grew up in this community, and I am proud of my record of vision, hard work and results.
In order to continue our efforts to improve the quality of life for Contra Costa residents, I am running for re-election in June 2010.
Working together, we’ve achieved a lot. Just a few of the things we’ve accomplished include:
- Saved Doctors’ Hospital from bankruptcy and ensuring that West County residents have access to health care and an emergency room.
- Helped more West County students access afterschool programs
- Provided more miles of public access along San Francisco Bay
- Secured more Sheriff Deputies to patrol North Richmond
- Opened two new youth centers in West County that are giving young people safe places to be, and access to important services they need to stay in school and find employment
- Closed problem liquor stores
- Protected open space and valuable agricultural lands by adopting the County’s first Urban Limit Line
- Started a new program to put paramedics on fire trucks to improve emergency medical response
I’m honored to have the endorsement of all of West County’s federal and state legislators – Congressmembers George Miller, III and John Garamendi, State Senators Loni Hancock and Mark DeSaulnier, and Assemblymembers Nancy Skinner and Tom Torlakson.
I am excited about the opportunity to continue serving West County for another four years on the Contra Costa Board of Supervisors. If you would like to contact me, you can email me at email@example.com.